[HOT UPDATE] SM Market: + 20 Index and Social Login Module added
Our Feature Items: SM Market // SM Destino // SP Revo
Shopping cart (0)

Magento 2

We are here to serve :)

Our support team is currently online to solve your issues.

Our support team is currently offline

Our support heroes might not be around this hour. Please expect some delays.

Our support is available from

Monday - Friday 8am - 5:30pm GMT+7

Your time: 00:00:00
Our time: 00:00:00
Welcome, Guest

What determines the sort order for category items in a Category menu type?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Userguide, Report bugs, New Ideas...
  • Page:

TOPIC: What determines the sort order for category items in a Category menu type?

What determines the sort order for category items in a Category menu type? 2 months, 3 weeks ago #13118

I'm using the SM Mega Menu within the SM Sawyer them (v2.4.0) with Magento v2.1.7. I've created several categories and subcategories of products for my store. I've arranged them in Products > Categories in the order that I was hoping to have them display in the SM Mega Menu for navigation. I created several Category menu types in the SM Mega Menu, but the order that the categories are being sorted in doesn't match the order I have provided, nor does it order them in alphabetical order.

What determines the order of categories and subcategories when a Category menu type is added to the SM Menu?

Order that the SM Mega Menu displays the categories on the frontend of the website:

Order that the categories are given in the Products > Categories area of the admin:
Last Edit: 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Brett Anderson. Reason: Replacing broken attachments with image links
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds
Google+