According to the most recent updates, with the exception of Braintree, all vendor-bundled extensions will be deleted from Magento 2.4.4.
I. The Highlights of Magento 2.4.4 Release
- Magento project libraries and dependencies compatible for PHP 8.1.
- Support for TinyMCE 5
- Removal of all Vendor-bundled extensions (except Braintree)
- Retrieve category information using GraphQL query for a scheduled category update
- Support for user’s timezone in the timestamp of the export filename.
- Optimized page builder table fonts and positioning.
- Improved module list load execution time.
- Fixed price sorting issues for products prices equal to or close to zero.
- Admin can test and verify custom date attribute format for storefront and admin.
- Display related products, up-sell products and cross-sell products according to their position in the admin.
II. Everything You Need to Know About Magento 2.4.4 Release:Magento 2.4.4 will come with some of the major bug fixes and performance enhancements. Here are some of the points you need to know about the Magento 2.4.4 release.
- Upgraded Adobe Composer dependencies.
- RequireJS library upgraded to the latest version.
- PHPUnit upgraded to 9.5.x.
- Support for TinyMCE 5.
- Improved cart operations.
- Order validation process improvements.
- Sales optimization during checkout.
- Latest ElasticSearch version (7.16.1) and OpenSearch 1.1.
- Improved storage performance.
- Improved configuration settings for “storeconfig” query.
- Support for setting the payment method on a negotiable quote.
- Removed all Vendor-Bundled extensions except Braintree.
- Official alternatives to VBEs will be available shortly.
- Support to add bundle products with fixed product tax.
- Fixed cron to clear product category cache for bundle products.
- Optimized cache cleaning algorithm for bundle products.
Cart and Checkout
- Minimum advertised price – link issue fixed.
- Support for the guest shopper to checkout with several types of customer address attributes.
- Improved free shipping threshold for table rates.
- Improved mass attributed update action for product grid having “datetime” attribute.
- Support to retrieve information about scheduled updates using GraphQL queries.
- Improved positioning of Insert/Edit Image and Insert/Edit Link pop-up windows.
- Fixed issues regarding Text Editor for a banner in Page Builder.
- Adobe Commerce will no longer convert all dynamic blocks to one language during the upgrade.
V. Magento 2.4.4 Release – Official NotesMagento store owners and developers may get the Magento 2.4.4 release notes from the official website. The following are direct links to the relevant pages:
Magento 2.4.4 Release Notes (Commerce)
Magento 2.4.4 Release Notes (Open Source)
Magento 2.4.4 will be available soon. With this version, the year 2022 will be filled with fantastic Magento 2 features.
Magento 2 shop owners should prepare for the next major Magento upgrade.
They will soon be able to upgrade their Magento 2 shop from the previous Magento 2.4.3 version to the current Magento 2.4.4 release in order to equip their store with cutting-edge Magento features till the next Magento 2.4.5 release.